Tweetober

--- October 2018 ---


Happy October, lovelies! This is probably my favorite month of the year. I love everything Fall and Halloween from decorations to candle scents to activities to parties. However, I do not like that October means winter is coming... (I don't watch Game of Thrones, but see what I did there?!)

Anyway, as I was scrolling on Twitter one day, I came across a cute little "Tweetober" post and decided to make it into a blog post. Shout out to Gabbie who created this! You can find all of her socials linked at the bottom of the post, as well as more information on her content :)

Here we go! 

Favorite Fall Color
I'd have to say burgundy is my FAVORITE fall color, but I've been equally obsessed with olive green lately! I wish I could pull off orange or mustard yellow, but I just can't. Love love love when other people wear these colors!

Favorite Fall Activity
Ugh I love everything fall. I'd have to say admiring the beauty of the trees changing colors. I'm very lucky to live in Upstate New York where the leaves turn yellow, red, orange, brown, green, etc. It's breathtaking, honestly. I also love to go pumpkin and apple picking! 

Favorite Fall Candle Scent
Apple pumpkin, without a doubt! I have so many apple pumpkin candles that smell SO good around my house :) 

Corn Maze of Hayride?
Hayride! I love love love going on haunted hayrides. Definitely gets me in the Halloween spirit! I think corn mazes give me anxiety.. is there a scary movie with a corn maze or something? Not sure why I'm afraid of them and getting lost in one!

Sweater or Hoodie?
Sweaters for sure :) Love wearing oversized cardigans or sweaters in the fall! So cozy. But I also love wearing flannels in the fall, which wasn't an option. Give me a comfy flannel, a puffy vest and a baseball cap and I'm good to go.

Favorite Fall Clothing Item
I'd have to say booties and blanket scarves! Definitely also love wearing sweaters and flannels too. Check out some of my favorite fall outfits in my Fall Lookbook YouTube video!

Favorite Fall Date Idea
Going to my boyfriends parents farm and picking out a pumpkin! It's the best time of year because the apple trees have apples, the leaves are changing on the trees and I get to choose what pumpkins I want! Literally live for moments like these.

Favorite Thing About Fall
Okay this is cheesy but my boyfriend and my anniversary is in October and that's something I hold near and dear to my heart. Five years ago we met and hung out at a Halloween party. Four years ago we started dating and it's been history ever since! It's our time of year :) 

What Are You Grateful For?
This could be a blog post in itself! I am so grateful for my friends and family who have supported me through everything life has thrown at me. This includes the negatives and all of the positives. I'm also grateful for my education. I learned a lot through getting m Social Work undergrad degree and now my Masters in Counseling. I know this is something not everyone has the option to do, so I am forever grateful for this. 

Pumpkins or Apples?
Okay this is tricky. I love to eat apples, apple cider donuts and drink apple cider BUT pumpkins are so cute and I love decorating with them! Plus like I said, my favorite candle smell is pumpkin apple so can't I choose both!?

Favorite Halloween Costume
I love when people DIY their costumes or go all out with their makeup! So fun :) I'm loving that it's this time of year so lots of people are putting out blog posts and videos on different Halloween looks! Can't wait to see more!

Favorite Disney Villain
I don't think I have a favorite Disney Villain. I just typed it in Google and wasn't feeling like any would be my 'favorite.' I have a soft spot for the heroes, I suppose!

Do You Like Haunted Houses?
I'm weird - they terrify me and give me nightmares but I love them around Halloween! I refuse to go in to any when they're allowed to touch you though. That just freaks me out.

Favorite Scary Movie
I don't really watch scary movies because they give me  nightmares... but my favorite Halloween movie is Halloween Town! Such a throwback. Hocus Pocus is definitely up there, too.

Favorite Fall Memory
Last fall, my boyfriend and I rented a cabin up in the Adirondack Mountains for a weekend! We got to hike, take a ski lift to see the pretty fall colors in the trees, and be away from social media and life for the weekend. Highly recommend! 

Favorite Fall Decor Item
I'd have to say pumpkins! They're so simple but can completely change the atmosphere of a room. In regards to Halloween, I love all things black and scary! I love throwing Halloween parties and having friends come over to see all of the decorating I did. Check out where I get most of my deco!

Favorite Halloween Joke
When the ghost says "I'm here for the boo's" obviously! So stinkin' cute.

Favorite Halloween Song
I guess I didn't really know there were Halloween songs haha the only one that comes to mind is the Monster Mash! Do the monsterrr mash!

Fire Pit or Fire Place?
Fire pit! I love sitting outside around a fire with family and friends, roasting marshmallows and making s'mores, singing campfire songs or playing games. Some of my favorite all time memories are by the fire!

Scariest Halloween Memory
Meeting my boyfriend... JK :) The first thing that came to mind was when I was growing up my friends would always all come over to my house. One halloween my dad brought us to the cemetery late at night and we drove around in his truck bed. Scary!

Do You Believe in Ghosts?
Absolutely. I think there are different kinds of ghosts, as well. 

Pretty Little Liars or Scream Queens?
Ugh, I don't watch either to be honest. I've always heard about Pretty Little Liars, but never got on board. I'm not sure what Scream Queens is!?

Favorite Villain of All Time
Same as the Disney Villain question - I'm not a villain fan! 

Would You Sleep in a Graveyard?
This sounds like such a fun Halloween event, but I don't think I'd be able to sleep honestly. Heck, I can't even sleep in an airport!

Favorite Classic Monster
Does the Phantom of the Opera count?! No?! Okay fine, a mummy or Frankenstein. 

Biggest Fear
Ooh, this is another tricky one. I think I have a lot of fears though... I wouldn't know where to start!

What Halloween Monster Would You Be?
I was a zombie a few years ago for Halloween with my best friends and it was wayyyy more fun than it should have been! We went all out with "bloody" and ripped dresses and super scary makeup! Loved it and would definitely do it again.

Creepiest Story You've Heard
It was a long story my coworker told me about her friends house that is haunted! So freaky. 

Favorite Addams Family Member
Definitely Wednesday! I love when people dress up as her for Halloween. So simple and classic.

Halloween Plans
This is the first year in a whiiiiile that I'm not having a Halloween party (sad!) so I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing to celebrate! It falls on a Wednesday this year so I'll be working all day and then in class until 6:30pm. I'm hoping to watch a spooky movie or go on a haunted hayride too!


What are your favorite parts about fall? Halloween?

----------------------
Gabbie's Socials: 

Gabbie is a blogger/YouTuber from North Carolina. She works as a graphic designer and marketing assistant who puts content out on her faith, entertainment, food/drinks, health/wellness, and lifestyle! Be sure to check out her social media and especially the tweetober! 

---------------------
Let's be friends on Insta! Follow me @inspiredbytor
Are you on Twitter too? Follow me @inspiredbytor

Comments

Popular Posts