5 Apps I Love

---June 2018---


Whenever I bring up an app on my phone that I love, most of my friends don't know what I'm talking about. At first, this took me by surprise because I use them almost everyday! This literally happened this week at work when I was taping up a package and my coworker asked what it was for. I sold an item of clothing on Poshmark and was sending it out! He had never heard of Poshmark so I spread the good news about it. I'm here to spread the news about a few other apps I love to YOU!

1. Poshmark

If you haven't heard of this one, what are you doing?! You HAVE to check Poshmark out! Bringing your clothes to a consignment shop or to Plato's Closet in hopes of a few bucks has seen its days. If you have some nice clothing that you'd like to sell, download Poshmark. It's super easy to use and so worth it! You can shop my closet (@vpard1) if you want too! (I haven't added more clothes in a while, but this will inspired me to do so!) Yes, Poshmark does take a portion of the charge, but you're still making money. They provide you with the pre made shipping label that you can simply drop off in any blue USPS box! Easy peasy, lemon squeezey.

(I choose to donate all of my other older clothes to women's shelters. Google some in your area!)

2. Stop, Breathe & Think

Anxiety? Depression? Stressed? This is the app for YOU! This app helps you reground yourself and practice meditation. I know, I know...meditation makes you think of someone sitting on the ground saying "hummmm" and doing that hand motion. However, it doesn't have to be like that! This app offers guided meditation you could use anytime, anywhere. One of my counseling classes used this before we had group counseling sessions. When I was in a time of extreme daily pain in my life, I also used this to help me. I highly recommend trying it out!

Let me know in the comments if you use any other meditation apps that you like!

3. Huji

Remember the good ole days when we had disposable cameras?! This app brings ya back to that! When you take pictures using this app, it makes it look like old developed photos. I can't really describe it, but it puts different filters on your pictures each time. Ya know how sometimes people have a rainbow-esque feature in their insta pics? You can achieve that with this app! It's free, so I vote it's worth a shot to see if you like using it!

4. Pic Stitch

I get a lot of questions on how I make collages of pictures for peoples birthdays, weddings, and other special occasions! I've been using this app for years and I love it. I'm sure there are a bunch of apps like this out there, but for all of those wondering... this one is my fave :) Easy to use and gets the job done. However, I do think this is only Apple friendly, so I am sorry for all my non-phone friends out there!

5. HQ

To be honest, I am not the girl to bring with you to Trivia Night. I say this because I'm just not good with random facts BUT for all of you trivia addicts and pros (or anyone like me!), I highly recommend checking HQ out! It's a free trivia game that you can play at certain times of the day (live) and have the potential to win money on! It's fun to play by yourself, or with a group of people!

Use the referral code 'vpard1' 😀 then refer your friends to get free lives!


---------------------------------------
Check out my Poshmark Closet!
Wanna be friends on Insta? Follow me @inspiredbytor
Wanna be friends on Twitter? Follow me @inspiredbytor
Up for a Summer challenge?! Read my blog post!

Comments

  1. what fun! I will use the Poshmark one for sure! ( and the trivia too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me your closet link if/when you use Poshmark (:

      Delete
  2. These are so cool! I have only had pic stitch and I haven't heard of these others! I am definitely going to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't got any of those apps, but I think I need to download them and take a look. I love the sound of Huji, I kind of miss having disposable cameras!

    Carly xx // www.prettystyleofliving.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss having disposable cameras too! I love that people are using the insta Polaroids again, but they're a bit expensive so I haven't gotten one yet. Going to look at your blog now!!! :)

      Delete
  4. I use & love PicStitch but will definitely be downloading Stop, Breathe, & Think as well! Thank you for this list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the PicStitch doesn't put their name all over the collages we make like some other apps do!

      Delete
  5. I am on PoshMark too! Love it! And I just downloaded Huji.. About to download Stop Breathe and Think! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's your closet name?! I'll have to share some of your posts :)

      Delete
  6. I'll definitely have to look up Stop, Breathe, & Think! I've never heard of it before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally suggest it! I need to start getting back in the habit of using it more often.

      Delete
  7. I too am terrible at trivia! So maybe I should try HQ out haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! The people who 'run' it are quite silly, so if anything it's entertaining haha

      Delete
  8. I may just give poshmark a try! I usually donate all of my clothes, because Plato's Closet is about 45 minutes away from where I live and I don't feel like driving all the way there. I used to work at Plato's Closet and while I love shopping there, I'm well aware that a 45 minute drive isn't worth making about $10.

    I also downloaded that meditation app! I meditate 3-5x a week and I used to use Headspace. I really loved that app, but it only give you 10 guided meditations and then you have to start paying so I haven't it used it since I finished my the 10 days. I also listen to the meditation minis podcast on Spotify when I don't feel like meditating on my own. I recommend it, she gives you different practices to try and I've enjoyed the variety!

    lifeslittlemusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. I took screenshots of Stop Breath and Think and Huji. They look like they could be interesting. Good Luck with your blog. Gord jauntwandercruise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gord! I hope you enjoy them :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts