Summer Challenges

---May 2018---

We all go into summer thinking that we are 1) going to have the best summer ever 2) going to get fit 3) make a ton of money 4) live it up... you get the point. Summer is an exciting time, but we don't always live it up to its fullest potential. (Just like New Years resolutions!) Let's all hold ourselves accountable together and follow through with these goals!


Below you'll find a list of challenges I have for myself and YOU for this summer of 2018: 

  • Set a reasonable, realistic and obtainable work out goal. Yes, we can say we will work out 7/7 days a week, but is that for real? Nah. I'm going to make sure I am active at LEAST 3-4 days a week this summer. (Gym, walks, bike ride, hiking, etc)
  • Create a Pinterest board of some healthy recipes you want to try! This can be fun to do with a friend or significant other (and it's easier to cook for more than just yourself). Below are a few dishes I want to make more often or try out this summer. 


  • Before you fall asleep, think or write down 3 positive things that happened that day. Writing these down will be awesome to look back on when you're having a not so great day or at the end of the summer! I talk about other ways to be grateful in my Gift of Gratitude blog post.
  • Read, it's good for the soul! Summer is a great time to read books for fun (way better than textbooks...) Below are a few books I've enjoyed reading, that you might want to check out too! Comment below some book suggestions of your own.

  • Step outside of your comfort zone! If someone asks you to go on some sort of adventure (road trip, hiking, camping, new restaurant, etc)... GO! And if they don't, adventure on your own! We only get summer once a year and one life to live, so we might as well 'live it up.' (Shout out to my best friend who is always up for my adventures)
  • Challenge yourself to a "No Social Media Day!" Leave the phone and laptop at home and go live your life without feeling the constant need to be updated on what's going on in your friends  lives or society. I struggle with this sometimes, focusing on the 'here and now.'
  • Be smart about your money. Yes the occasional shopping splurge for new summer clothes is a must, but not all the time. A lot of us are to the age where we have no choice but to work our lives away. Try to make the best of it, nonetheless. Why stress the inevitable? I'm choosing to work full time over the summer so I can have money saved up for when classes start back up.

Other goals for summer for me personally include: continuing posting on my blog, starting my YouTube channel, beginning my job search (soon I'll have my Master's degree!), de-cluttering my apartment, and continuing the journey to loving myself and being comfortable in who I am, not who society, wants me to be.

What are some of your other summer goals?! Let us know down below in the comments!

-------------------------------------------
Want to read more about positivity?! Check out my blog on gratitude. 
Want to hear when I post?! Follow me on twitter! (@inspiredbytor)
Want to connect? Email me (inspiredbytor@gmail.com) Instagram (@inspiredbytor)

Comments

  1. You should read The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson! It was my favorite read of last summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Barnes and Noble gift card so I'll definitely have to check this one out! Thanks friend :)

      Delete
  2. All excellent ideas to get you going this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really hope you’ll reach all of your goals for the summer :-) good luck!

    lots of love, Jasmin
    // littlethingswithjassy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thanks so much! I just checked out your blog and I'm obsessed with your style. Love it!!

      Delete
  4. This post is awesome! I love the part about writing 3 positive things that happened that day! I am definitely going to start using these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think positive thinking makes a huge impact on your life :) You'll have to let me know how it works for you! Or I'll read about it on your blog :P

      Delete
  5. Great goals! I’ve got a couple for myself as well! This year I’ve been crossing them off instead of putting them off! Good luck on all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing them off instead of putting them off - I LOVE THAT! :) Thanks for your support xo

      Delete
  6. Yes to all of these! I think my biggest goal this summer will be to get out more. I'm going to try to stop using the excuse of "I work in an office all day", and try to squeeze in little walks outside here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that's a good one! I live in NY so the weather is only nice a few months out of the year, aka I need to enjoy the weather while I can, too. I also realized I didn't add in drink more water as a goal - I need to work on that!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts