Drugstore Lippies

---August 2018---


This summer I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and wear fun lippies. I got one in an Ipsy bag a few months ago but when I got it, I wasn't confident enough to rock it yet. It was a bold, fun color (different than my usual nude or pink lip color). I wore it to work with a bright purple sweater and got a bunch of compliments!

I decided it would be fun to do a post about some of my favorite drugstore lippies for summertime. Let it be known that I have a BUNCH of favorites, so this is only a few! I have a bunch of favorites for Fall that I'm already excited to start wearing!! Also, I do typically wear some chapstick under lippies. My go-to chapsticks are Burt's Bees and Nivea! 


ColourPop Lippie Stix in Glam Bag

This is the lippie I was wearing when I got inspired to do this post! Glam Bag is a matte, lippie stick from ColourPop that I received in an Ipsy bag. Unfortunately, they don't sell this on their website but I did some searching on their website and found another fun, bright color that may be similar! Check it out here! I was a bit nervous to go into work with this color on my lips, but ended up loving rocking it and I can't wait to wear it again.



ColourPop Lippie Stix in Aquarius

While we're talking about ColourPop Lippie Stix, I had to mention this one. If you're looking for a soft, pinky nude, this is the color for you! I like wearing this on an everyday basis because it's so comfortable and goes with everything and anything. It also has a nice scent to it. Grab this product here! If you prefer the liquid lipstick formula, they have Aquarius in those too! 


L'Oreal Infallible Paints in Spicy Blush

A YouTuber I watch (Jessica Braun) has mentioned this several times so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's affordable, comfortable and the perfect year round color! I wouldn't say it's the longest lasting lipstick out there, but if you don't mind reapplying from time to time, it's so worth it! Check out Spicy Blush here! This one is a bit more pink than the last one I mentioned.


Wet n Wild Lip Gloss in Sun Glaze
I haven't really worn lip gloss since I was in high school, but this Wet n Wild one has made me refall in love with it! I absolutely love rocking this gloss by itself or over another lipstick. It's super comfortable, not sticky and adds a little POP to your lips! So fun and very affordable. I want to try out some other colors.


Wet n Wild in Bare it All

Another YouTuber suggested this lipstick and it's under $3 so how could I not go grab it?! This MegaLast lippie is semi-matte but so incredibly comfortable that it feels like you're just wearing lip balm. If you like to have SOMETHING on your lips, but don't want a bold color... try this one out! It's only a few bucks, so it's absolutely worth it. Like the last lippie I mentioned, it's not super long lasting, but it fades so nicely and is an easy quick reapply.


Lipsense 

DISCLAIMER: This is not a "drugstore" brand, but I wanted to include it because you don't get it at a typical high end beauty store either. I always saw Facebook posts of people selling Lipsense and one day decided to give it a try. YES, they're expensive, but I really believe it was worth it! It literally lasts ALL. DAY. LONG. And it's completely smudge proof (so my boyfriend can't use the 'you have lipstick on' excuse!) It's an interesting application process - you have to do 3 coats of the color product and then you do a top 'glossy' coat. Throughout the day you won't have to reapply color, but bring along the glossy to keep your lips hydrated and shiny!


What are some of your favorite drugstore lippies?

----------------------------------
Let's be friends on Insta! Follow me @inspiredbytor
Are you on Twitter too? Follow me @inspiredbytor
Interested in more makeup posts?! Read this one!
Get to know me -  Watch my 1st YouTube video!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts