Coffee Chat: Goals

--- July 2018 ---


I often find myself catching up with friends over coffee. First, let me start by saying I love doing this! (shout out to old and new friends, let me know if you want to grab coffee!) I love staying in touch with old friends, I love hearing about what people are doing in their lives, I love getting to know new friends, and I obviously love coffee. However, I want to challenge you to bring up goals the next time you're at coffee with someone. 

Coffee Date with my friend Jessica!
Talking about goals with others is a great cycle. You learn more about them, they learn more about you, and there is a sense of accountability. You're more likely to stick to your goals if you talk about them and tell others. This way, next time you meet for coffee or throw them a text, you can update them! Everyone loves the feeling of accomplishment. 

I encourage you to write your answers down in a journal when you get a chance. This will give you, personally, a way to check in with yourself on your short and long term goals. Below are some questions for you to think about or to ask your friends at your next coffee date:

  • What are some of your short-term goals?
What is it that you want to reach in the next few days? Weeks? Months? These can be small or big - doesn't matter! I like to make to-do lists for the week or month because checking things off is a good feeling. A few of my short-term goals include posting a new blog every Wednesday, a new YouTube video every Sunday, exercising consistently, buying less coffee to save money (I can make it at home!), and going outside when it's nice out. 
  • What are some of your long-term goals?
Thinking a year or a few years from today, where do you want yourself to be? This is actually a common interview question, as well. It sounds scary, right? Thinking about the future isn't easy. In a year from now, I will have my Master's in Counseling, so that's definitely a big goal and accomplishment for me. I am hoping to be in a career that I love and am passionate about after I graduate, establish a solid following for my blog and YouTube channel, getting married, and traveling more.
  • What steps will you take to reach your goals?
How can you reach your short-term and long-term goals? What are some realistic and obtainable steps you can take to get there? We can make goals all day long, but we need a plan on how to get there to make it possible! Examples of steps I'll take to reach my goals include putting blogging/filming and gym time into my weekly schedule. This way, I can't have the excuse of 'I didn't have time!' Making plans to go to the gym with a buddy (shout out to Jessica) helps hold you accountable too.
  • How can I help you reach these goals?
You don't have to fly solo on everything - let others encourage and support you! Is there a way friends can do this? Let them know! I bet they'd be more than willing to help. Let me know if you need some words of encouragement too, I'm here to inspire you to be the best version of you. My friends help by supporting me and my blog and channel, taking pictures for me (thanks ya'll!), going to the gym with me, encouraging me to continue through school (even if that's difficult some days) and so on.


What are some of your goals? Comment below!

-----------------------
Check out my latest YouTube video
Wanna be friends on Insta? Follow me @inspiredbytor
Wanna be friends on Twitter? Follow me @inspiredbytor
Up for more Summer challenges?! Read my blog post!

Comments

  1. Some of my goals are consistency for my blog and travelling to at last 90% of my country. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consistency is so hard, yet so important! And that's an awesome travel goal! I can't wait to travel more one day :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts