Lake Placid, New York

---June 2018---

Have you ever been somewhere that makes you incredibly thankful to be alive? 

Lake Placid, New York did that to me this past week. I've been to many different cities, but this one was stunning in a whole new way. The atmosphere of being in the mountains was amazing. I woke up to look out my hotel window to see mountains, the lake, and sunshine and couldn't be happier.

I was fortunate that my work paid for me to go to a conference in Lake Placid. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel - talk about spoiled - and got a free upgrade to a family suite. WHAT?! Just me, a 25 year old who works extremely hard for what she has, in a suite. In a beautiful town. Blessed, for sure.


I wish I had more free time to walk around and explore, but don't worry.. I plan on coming back soon to do just that! I signed up to go on a boat tour, but it happened to be raining that day so it got cancelled. However, I still loved my short time in Lake Placid!

I also finally decided to follow my dream of starting a YouTube channel. One of my first videos is from this trip to Lake Placid - check it out here!

Hotel recommendation: Crowne Plaza

This was our hotel for the conference and it was absolutely amazing. The view from the rooms and the lobby was absolutely stunning. Walking around, I wish I filmed and took pictures of EVERYthing because it was beautiful. (But I guess I'll have to go back to do so, darn 😋) We had breakfast, lunch and dinners in the hotel restaurant and it was all super delicious! Lots of options (especially for picky eaters, like me).

Lunch recommendation: Big Mountain Deli & Creperie 

My coworker and I were going to go to a BBQ place that a few people had recommended to us, but unfortunately it was closed for lunch. We ended up asking some locals where they suggested and they said the Creperie. At first, I was not too excited honestly. I thought of crepes as a dessert food. However, I totally recommend this place! I got a chicken pesto wrap and it was extra yummy. It's such a fun feel in there and there are so many options to choose from. 

Dinner recommendation: Lake Placid Pub & Brewery 

Our meals were all through the conference at Crowne Plaza (delicious food there, too!). One night we ventured out to town for dinner at the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery. Everyone we asked recommended this place so we thought we'd give it a whirl. I got a pulled pork sandwich with french fries and a pickle - so yummy! We also came back here one night for a few drinks. There is giant Jenga, foosball, corn hole, darts, and more. Fun atmosphere!


One other place we ate dinner at was the Lake Placid Club Golf House (which would be an AMAZING wedding venue it seems!). I chose to get the vegetarian/vegan option and it was so delicious. It was rice noodles with a ton of sautéed veggies and tofu! Yum. We did our 'awards ceremony' here, as well as had a band for some dancing!

What other towns/cities should I check out?! Leave your favorites in the comments!

--------------------------
Let's be friends on Insta! Follow me @inspiredbytor
Are you on Twitter too? Follow me @inspiredbytor
Watch my YouTube video on Lake Placid!
Interested in more cities I've visited? Check out my Savannah, GA blog!
Up for a Summer challenge?! Let's do it together!

Comments

Popular Posts