Father's Day

---June 2018---


I know not everyone has the same experience or opinion as me, but for me Father’s Day is extremely important. It’s a day to celebrate our love for our father figures (or someone who has played an important role in your life) and reflect on all positive memories with this individual. For those who cannot necessarily relate, I am sending all of my positive vibes to you today and every day. And a reminder: if you ever need someone to vent to or just simply listen, please reach out. You are NOT alone <3 (Instagram or Twitter message me @inspiredbytor).


I have been blessed with an incredible father (who I call ‘dude’) and couldn’t be more thankful. To my followers who know me personally, you know my dad is a huge part of my life. You also probably refer to him as ‘dude’ or love him almost as much as I do.. He has that effect on people! Ever since I was born, I have always been a ‘daddy’s little girl’.


Something my dad always tells me is, “Smile, it’s contagious” and I have tried to live by this motto every single day. If you take anything away from this post, take his motto. I mean, it’s pretty accurate... if you smile, most of the time you’ll get a smile back. And when you have a bunch of smiling faces, it’s a positive world. Spreading positivity is so important and helps keep you positive, as well. You also never know what someone is going through and a simple smile may turn their whole day around. My dad has gone through a lot of tough times in his life, yet continues to smile through it all. Throughout my life, challenges and all, I keep the thought that smiling is contagious in my mind constantly.


Another phrase that my dad always tells me is, Hakuna Matata.” For all of my Disney loving readers out there, you know what this is from! If not, it’s from the Disney movie The Lion King. Hakuna Matata means no worries. My dad has taught me that stressing the inevitable is quite honestly not worth it. It’s only going to make you in a sour mood and could have a negative impact on whatever you’re stressing about. Though it isn’t easy, try to remind yourself “Hakuna Matata” when you’re feeling overwhelmed! (Plus singing the jingle in your head is always fun).

I reached out to my sister, Renee, and asked her what life lesson my dad has taught her sticks out. She said, "When I remember dad throughout life I remember singing and laughing, living in every moment. He always encouraged me to do what makes me happy and supported me through it, even if it wasn't the popular choice. I was and I am still different and he finds that beautiful. He taught me acceptance and love. He taught me to live and what will be, will be; which comes back to your lesson - Hakuna Matata. It means no worries for the rest of your days. ♥️"


So shout out to my dude, for being the best man I’ve ever met. Thank you for always being my biggest fan, my #1 supporter, and the positive voice in my head. I don’t know what I would do without you and I hope you know I am incredibly thankful for you. You constantly put others before you and always strive to make others happy. I believe I am the person I am today because of who you are. Happy Father's Day! Never stop being you. xoxo


Comment below your favorite memory with your father!

--------------------------
Let's be friends on Insta! Follow me @inspiredbytor
Are you on Twitter too? Follow me @inspiredbytor
Up for a Summer challenge?! Let's do it together!

Comments

  1. I love this post, and found myself singing along to the Hakuna Matata song as I was reading.

    My dad has never been a part of my life but I was very lucky having a grandpa who took me in from the very beginning. I looked forward to our adventures every weekend. We always had a blast together. He always taught me that being myself and loving me for me was always important. Unfortunately he’s no longer with us. Now this day is all about my husband who’s an amazing father to our girls and I always want them to know how lucky & blessed they are having such an amazing person in their life.

    www.ourchaoticmess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your grandpa sounded like an amazing man. I'm so sorry for your loss, that he is no longer with you. I bet he is smiling down on you, your family, and your kids. Let his weekend adventures continue in your life as a tradition!!

      Delete
  2. Such a great post! My dad is a big part of my life too! We both love the same music and have gone to several concerts together. Those are my favorite memories with my dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad and I have gone to 3 Journey concerts! SO GOOD.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts