HEY EVERYONE! I haven't blogged in a hot minute, as I've been super focused on my YouTube channel. But when I got nominated for the Liebster Award blog post - I had to get back into it! Wondering what the heck the Liebster Award is? In short, it's an internet only blogging award that helps bloggers to recognize other bloggers and strengthen the community! Interested in learning more about it? Check out the Liebster Award Description and Origin blog post!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their post!
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
- Come up with your own 11 questions!
- Nominate 11 bloggers and make sure to tell them you nominated them!
Questions from Lena1. What’s your favorite non-blog website?
- Ooooh, this is a toss up between YouTube and Amazon. UGH OR PINTEREST. I love YouTube as a creator and as a viewer. Talking comes easy to me, so that's why I love making content on this platform. I also think it gives more of the 'human interaction' and you can connect on a deeper level. I spend most of my free time watching other YouTube channels. I love following along on other people's adventures through vlogs, learning about makeup through beauty videos, lifestyle, DIY, and more! I love Amazon because...wait, who doesn't?! I don't even have to explain that one haha Pinterest is a website/app I can get sucked into for HOURS! I'm obsessed with planning tattoos, my future house, positive quotes, fashion trends and more. I haven't learned how to utilize this platform for blog/YouTube traffic yet but would love to! Drop your blog posts below if you have one on this topic :)
- My first blog post was in Savannah, Georgia where I felt INCREDIBLY motivated and inspired to create content. (If you haven't visited - I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!) Blogging was my segway into my ultimate dream of doing YouTube. I was able to start my creative juices flowing and get the show on the road! I started building a community of other creators, some of which have become my biggest supporters and close friends!
- I would DEFINITELY travel around Europe with my boyfriend. We have both been wanting to explore over there and talk about it all the time. I think when we get married (one day!) we will do our honeymoon across the pond :) If you have favorite spots - lemme know in the comments or message me! I'd love to start making a travel destination list!
- Honestly, I hear people saying this all of the time but I never have thought that I was born in the wrong decade. I'd rather live in the present moment and make the life I was given the best it can be! BORING - sorry!
- The first thing that comes to mind is to not compare yourself to other bloggers or creators. YOU DO YOU GIRL! If you have an innovative idea, DO IT! If you see a blog post you want to make into your own, DO IT! If you need a break, TAKE IT! Ya know? Sometimes when we are so focused on what other people are doing, we create road blocks for ourselves.
- The toughest aspect of blogging for me has been the time commitment. I LOVE connecting with other creative humans around the world and have so many ideas of blog posts and YouTube videos, but sometimes I run out of time and value some sleep over creating content. I know this sounds like an excuse, but it's real life people! I can't wait to graduate with my Master's degree in May and have ONE job where I work the day away and then have the evenings to create content rather than go to class or do homework.
- Resilience, without a doubt. I've been through some shit (who hasn't) and always pick myself up and persevere. It took me a long time to realize it, but I'm STRONG and guess what? YOU ARE TOO!
- Oh sooooo many things! I've actually written a 'letter to self' blog post that you can read!
- Go-Getter- My mom has always used this phrase when describing me. She says that if I want something, I GO GET IT! Why hold yourself back!?
- Empathetic- Through training as a social worker and counselor (undergrad and grad school) this has become second nature to me. You may not have the same experiences as another person or haven't been through what they're going through but that's where empathy comes in to play.
- Outgoing- I really truly enjoy being around other people and chatting. I love getting to know strangers. As I get older, I definitely appreciate my alone/quiet time, but I definitely relate to this word.
- My perfect day would be sleeping in until 9:30am (ya girl loves to sleep), fresh cup of coffee (with a hint of creamer), fruit and a bagel for breakfast, doing something active (bike ride, walk, hike, beach day) during the day, pizza for lunch, shower and get dolled up, dinner and something with Eric, and a relaxing night catching up on YouTube or watching Netflix. Plus popcorn for snack, obvs.
- This is something I'm still working on and probably always will be, to be honest! Between my job, my internship, graduate school classes, homework, YouTube, and somewhat of a social life, time is limited. My planner is my EVERYTHING! I carry it with me at all times and would probably forget where I'm going or what I have to do without it. I haven't upgraded to using my phone for everything - I love having a physical paper agenda. I also use to-do lists religiously. I love the feeling of checking items off after a productive day!
Check them out on Twitter too :)
@abby_heird @Seneca_Red @ksloves_ @jade_allesse @lattesdarling @chessrice @radianthomesco @jazminheaven @_cupofjojo @letterfrmtrvgrl @sydneysjourney