Liebster Award



HEY EVERYONE! I haven't blogged in a hot minute, as I've been super focused on my YouTube channel. But when I got nominated for the Liebster Award blog post - I had to get back into it! Wondering what the heck the Liebster Award is? In short, it's an internet only blogging award that helps bloggers to recognize other bloggers and strengthen the community! Interested in learning more about it? Check out the Liebster Award Description and Origin blog post!


HUGE shout out to Lena (Our Chaotic Mess) for nominating me to do this blog post! This southern belle's blog covers 'mom life, wife life, home school life, and college life.' Talk about a well rounded blog!!! She also CRUSHED blogmas this year while busy as a momma to 3 little gals. Lena's done the Liebster Award twice and it's been so fun to watch/read along with her journey :) Here's the link to her second award where she nominated me! You can also follow her on Instagram or Facebook. (P.S. I highly recommend becoming her friend bc she is so honest, kind and helpful! She even runs a blogger Facebook group!)


The Rules

  • Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their post!
  • Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
  • Come up with your own 11 questions!
  • Nominate 11 bloggers and make sure to tell them you nominated them!



Questions from Lena

1. What’s your favorite non-blog website?
    • Ooooh, this is a toss up between YouTube and Amazon. UGH OR PINTEREST. I love YouTube as a creator and as a viewer. Talking comes easy to me, so that's why I love making content on this platform. I also think it gives more of the 'human interaction' and you can connect on a deeper level. I spend most of my free time watching other YouTube channels. I love following along on other people's adventures through vlogs, learning about makeup through beauty videos, lifestyle, DIY, and more! I love Amazon because...wait, who doesn't?! I don't even have to explain that one haha Pinterest is a website/app I can get sucked into for HOURS! I'm obsessed with planning tattoos, my future house, positive quotes, fashion trends and  more. I haven't learned how to utilize this platform for blog/YouTube traffic yet but would love to! Drop your blog posts below if you have one on this topic :) 
2. Why did you begin blogging?
    • My first blog post was in Savannah, Georgia where I felt INCREDIBLY motivated and inspired to create content. (If you haven't visited - I HIGHLY recommend checking it out!) Blogging was my segway into my ultimate dream of doing YouTube. I was able to start my creative juices flowing and get the show on the road! I started building a community of other creators, some of which have become my biggest supporters and close friends! 
3. If you could vacation to anywhere and money wasn’t an issue where would you go and why?
    • I would DEFINITELY travel around Europe with my boyfriend. We have both been wanting to explore over there and talk about it all the time. I think when we get married (one day!) we will do our honeymoon across the pond :) If you have favorite spots - lemme know in the comments or message me! I'd love to start making a travel destination list!
4. Do you feel like you were born in the wrong decade? If so, which decade do you think you belong in?
    • Honestly, I hear people saying this all of the time but I never have thought that I was born in the wrong decade. I'd rather live in the present moment and make the life I was given the best it can be! BORING - sorry!
5. Do you have any tips for keeping your content new and exciting?
    • The first thing that comes to mind is to not compare yourself to other bloggers or creators. YOU DO YOU GIRL! If you have an innovative idea, DO IT! If you see a blog post you want to make into your own, DO IT! If you need a break, TAKE IT! Ya know? Sometimes when we are so focused on what other people are doing, we create road blocks for ourselves. 
6. What has been your toughest aspect of blogging?
    • The toughest aspect of blogging for me has been the time commitment. I LOVE connecting with other creative humans around the world and have so many ideas of blog posts and YouTube videos, but sometimes I run out of time and value some sleep over creating content. I know this sounds like an excuse, but it's real life people! I can't wait to graduate with my Master's degree in May and have ONE job where I work the day away and then have the evenings to create content rather than go to class or do homework.
7. What is your favorite trait about yourself?
    • Resilience, without a doubt. I've been through some shit (who hasn't) and always pick myself up and persevere. It took me a long time to realize it, but I'm STRONG and guess what? YOU ARE TOO! 
8. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 16 year old self?
9. What are three words you would say describe you and why?
    • Go-Getter- My mom has always used this phrase when describing me. She says that if I want something, I GO GET IT! Why hold yourself back!?
    • Empathetic- Through training as a social worker and counselor (undergrad and grad school) this has become second nature to me. You may not have the same experiences as another person or haven't been through what they're going through but that's where empathy comes in to play.
    • Outgoing- I really truly enjoy being around other people and chatting. I love getting to know strangers. As I get older, I definitely appreciate my alone/quiet time, but I definitely relate to this word.
10. What would your perfect day look like?
    • My perfect day would be sleeping in until 9:30am (ya girl loves to sleep), fresh cup of coffee (with a hint of creamer), fruit and a bagel for breakfast, doing something active (bike ride, walk, hike, beach day) during the day, pizza for lunch, shower and get dolled up, dinner and something with Eric, and a relaxing night catching up on YouTube or watching Netflix. Plus popcorn for snack, obvs. 
11. How do you stay organized between blog, school, life, etc?
    • This is something I'm still working on and probably always will be, to be honest! Between my job, my internship, graduate school classes, homework, YouTube, and somewhat of a social life, time is limited. My planner is my EVERYTHING! I carry it with me at all times and would probably forget where I'm going or what I have to do without it. I haven't upgraded to using my phone for everything - I love having a physical paper agenda. I also use to-do lists religiously. I love the feeling of checking items off after a productive day!

My Nominations 

1. Abby 
2. Seneca
4. Jade
5. Karina
6. Chess
7. Randi
9. Jordan
10. Juli
11. Sydney

Check them out on Twitter too :) 
@abby_heird @Seneca_Red @ksloves_ @jade_allesse @lattesdarling @chessrice @radianthomesco @jazminheaven @_cupofjojo @letterfrmtrvgrl @sydneysjourney

My Questions 

1. What are your 2019 resolutions/goals related to blogging?
2. What are your 2019 resolutions/goals not related to blogging?
3. What was something you achieved/excelled at in 2018 related to blogging?
4. What was something you achieved/excelled at in 2018 not related to blogging?
5. What is your favorite social media for blogging purposes?
6. What is your favorite social media for personal purposes?
7. Who has been your biggest supporter for blogging?
8. What's your favorite outfit to wear? Show us a pic!
9. When are you traveling next? Where are you going?
10. Why did you name your blog what it's named?
11. Do you have any pets? If not, why not? If so, include pictures!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you again to Lena for nominating me and getting me back into the blogging spirit! Don't forget to check out her blog - Our Chaotic Mess :) 

xox Tor

Let's be friends on Social Media! 

Comments

  1. I’ve been seeing this award pop up on a few blogs. This must be a trending thing! Congrats on the nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not sure why I didn’t know you were going to school for Social Work until recently but that’s my goal! I agree that being empathetic is a HUGE part of that field. Having time to sit and create content is a tough thing for me, too. Thanks for responding! Loved reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Lena, by the way. I’m not sure why it won’t let me change my name on Google. 🤦🏻‍♀️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts