May 2018 Ipsy Bag

--May 2018---


I get questions all the time about where I get my makeup or where a certain product is from. Truth is, I wouldn't have any of these cool products without Ipsy! Disclaimer: I am NOT a makeup artist or a makeup know-it-all. However, I think makeup is fun to play with and can make you feel beautiful.


So, if you haven't heard of Ipsy, let's cover the basics. It's a makeup subscription service that's GREAT for beginners (and everyone else, too). It's about $10 a month and you get a cute little makeup bag, as well as 5 makeup products each month. These range from drugstore brands to high end makeup brands. They're usually 'travel sized' but occasionally you get full size products (woo woo!). You get to put in your 'preferences' of what kind of products you like, what your skin tone is, colors you like, brands you want to try out, etc. For more information on Ipsy, check out their website!

Another cool thing about Ipsy is that you can review the products once you get them. By doing this, you get points and you can get free stuff with points! For example, I got this highlighter ⇩ by simply reviewing some items. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but I really do! I use the lighter color (in the heart) as a highlight, and use the other color on my lid sometimes. Can't hate it.
The Ipsy bag this month (May 2018) was cute for traveling! It's a dull yellow and covered in passport stamps. So trendy! I love using my bags for traveling and keeping everything organized. For example, I usually bring one with makeup in it. One with brushes in it. One with my medications in it. And one with jewelry in it!


Like I said, you get 5 products in each bag. Below are the products I got this month!


I love getting makeup brushes, because you can never have too many, right!? (My boyfriend thinks otherwise). Another product that stood out to me in this bag is the finishing powder from Tarte. This is KEY to set your foundation, especially if you have oily skin. You can apply it with a fluffy brush, or like I do with my damp beauty blender sponge! I haven't tried out the eyebrow product yet (my eyebrows are naturally dark and pretty full), but I'll keep you posted.

Ipsy allowed me to get products I had never heard of or used before for my sisters wedding. Pause. How cool is that? My sister let ME do her makeup for her WEDDING! So shout out to my sister who let me not only be her maid of honor on her big day, but also for letting me do your makeup. I love you, always. (Let me know if you want to know some of the products I used on her!) 


So girls, you're beautiful with OR without makeup. Don't let other people get in your head. You do you. If you like makeup, wear it! If you wanna do a bold eye or lip look, do it! If you don't want to wear any, don't! Life is too short to try to impress others. Live for YOU 😊

Comment below your favorite makeup product or brand! I'd love to know!

-------------------------------------
Interesting in trying out Ipsy? Click this link!
Wanna be friends on Insta? Follow me @inspiredbytor
Wanna be friends on Twitter? Follow me @inspiredbytor
Up for a Summer challenge?! Read my blog post!

Comments

Popular Posts